Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Such a bad mom

I have to post about one of my not so proud mom moments. Yesterday a couple of friends and I decided to take the kids to the park. The weather was perfect. So nice that we ended up staying there for 3 hours. It was really fun. At least until it was time to go home.
I put Anni in the car and threw the keys on the front seat. I then picked up Max and threw him in and shut the driver side door. Max started going crazy and really wanted out. Anni's door was still open until Sophie decided she was going to help out mom and shut it. I immediately tried to reopen it think nothing of it until I realized it was locked along with all the other doors. I then started to panic. I started digging in my diaper bag to find my cell phone but it wasn't there. Not to worry it was safe in my purse inside the locked car. Then panic really set in. I saw a lady over on the park equipment playing with her cell phone so I decided to run over and ask her if I could use her phone to call Shawn. Of course her cell phone was dead. I then asked her if you would mind watching my car why I ran over to my in laws house to use their phone. The lady was really nice and agreed. On a dead sprint I ran over to my inlaws and called Shawn. Just as I got Shawn on the phone Jay, Shawn's dad, drove up. I hung up with Shawn and quickly explained to Jay what happened. He told me to jump in his truck go home and get the some more keys and he would go over to the park and watch Anni. I drove as fast as I could to get home and back to the park of course not without hitting every red light. When I got to the park and unlocked the door Anni was screaming her head off. I felt SO bad. I was so upset and felt like the worst mom in the world. I am still not sure how the doors locked. The only thing I can think is that when max was freaking out in the car he stepped on the lock button. Lesson learned the hard way.

13 comments:

Melanie said...

We all have our moments when we "SHINE" as mothers! Right??

Lindsay said...

Don't you just LOVE being a mother somedays?

Julz said...

Oh that sucks!! If we woulda only stayed 2 more minutes we could've helped! I'm glad that it all ended up okay.

Nate and Britney said...

Oh you poor thing, that is not fun at all. You are not a bad mom we all have experienced our not so proud moments. You are an awesome mom!!

Neena said...

What a horrible thing to do I have never done that HaHa!! Well Tara I can top you I didn't learn my first time so I did it a second time. Can't wait to see you in June

Unknown said...

Oh Tara...I'm so sorry! Thats scary! And I guess we all seem to go through those moments as mothers right!? I bet you were driving so fast and of course you would hit every red light. Why does that always happen at the worst times??? =)

F said...

that same thing happened to my mom in her own driveway , back in the day before cell phones and definitely still in the days of hot hot heat... we all turned out ok :0]

Kendra said...

Becky did that when she first moved to CA and she had to have the cops come and unlock her kids. She is a good mom and so are you!

Dusty and Rena said...

Been there done that too!! Not proud of myself either. I had to have someone from a car dealership here in town come break in to my car because I only have one key. I'm glad everything worked out.

Mindi said...

OH!!! That's one of those things you can look back and laugh at! Right??? Or, maybe not quite yet. Hey, we all do those type of things, don't be too hard on yourself. Thanks again for coming over and doing pictures, that was so nice of you!

Scott and Krista said...

Bad things happen! To all of us. That doesn't mean you are a bad mom! I'm glad she was ok!

Mom of Mix Kids said...

Oh Tara...I'm so sorry. That must have been horrible!!

The Davis' said...

Hey! I wanna see pictures from the dunes! Hope it was fun.