Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Off to Panaca

This last weekend we headed to Panaca to get in one more camping trip before we add an infant to the family and so Shawn could race in the motorcycle desert race being held there. The girls believe it or not love to go camping so we went on friday and came home sunday. Saturday Shawn, Kurt (Shawn's brother), Janten Reber, Kyle Tichenor, and Jason Burton all raced. Iam really pround of Shawn he took 3rd in his class and 3rd over all amateur (not to bad for not racing in over 2 years). Everyone that raced from mesquite did really good and everyone left with there bikes and bodies intact except for a few bruises and blisters. On sunday we drove up to the big city of Pioche which actually turned out to be alot of fun. We took a tour through the million dollar courthouse, ate at a really cute cafe and walked through the town museum. Kylee was really cute when we were driving home she said that it was the funest day of her whole life (even better than disneyland). Ofcourse Shawn was thrilled about that he doesn't care much for disneyland:)








14 comments:

Nate and Britney said...

Tara tag you are it!! I know you hate doing these, but you better do it, because you didn't do my last one. Have fun!! Go to my blog and the instructions are on my page.

Julz said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you got one last camping trip in!

The Davis' said...

You got some super cute pictures! Zoey is going to love that one of her and her dad on the bike when she grows up. I love the last one of shawn with dirty teeth. That's pretty hot. Can't wait to see you Saturday!

Melanie said...

It looks like you guys had a fun weekend. It's always nice to get away! Shawn must love that the girls love camping:)

Lindsay said...

I am glad to see you were able to get out one last time. One of Riley's favorite places to eat is at the cafe in Pioche. Don't ask me why, but he loves small town cafes. He will be sooo jealous.

Misty @Creative Itch said...

LOVE the picture of Shawn's dirty face!! That's awesome that your girls love to camp! Speaking of camping....do you have your mom's recipe for her brownies that she always brought to Girl's Camp? I have been craving those like mad! If you have it, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a copy! Thanks!

Neena said...

Looks like fun, but not as fun as Disneyland! I can't wait to see what you have, I hope you are feeling good.

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

How fun! And you do camping right... in a trailer! Can't wait for you to have your baby (you probably feel the same way) and I WILL bring you dinner!!

Valerie said...

I'm with Neena. I can't wait for this baby to come. Glad you had a great time before the storm!!

the twins said...

Good Job Shawn. Looks like alot of fun. I'm sure you will be packing up the girls and baby and going camping before to long.
Christine

Scott and Krista said...

That last picture of Shawn...PRICELESS :)

Scott and Krista said...

Wow!! Krista just had me go straight to the last picture of Shawn and Holy S!!!! That is the funniest flipping picture I have ever seen in my life. Thank you so much for making my stomach ache and my face hurt from laughing so hard. Shawn, you are MONEY.

Scott and Krista said...

I think I am going to create some sort of get well card with that picture. It will make everyone feel better. I'll send you the finished product. ha ha

-scotty

Mom of Mix Kids said...

Congrats to you Shawn! Sounds like a fun time. I miss little small towns. That was my life for like forever, and now, well now I'm just a city girl. ha ha Really though, there is something about those little towns that have been around forever.